2015年3月16日星期一

Production Journal

The editing has been rough. 
Initially, my goal was to have a 10 minutes long "found footage" and a 40 seconds long "movie trailer". Becuase I shot all the footage at the alternative site, so there's no script for that Saturday's on location shooting. Me and my friend were just acting along and see what we got. 

4K seems like a horrible life choice. Aside from the frame rate and the ambient noise, the resolution of the footages are amazing. I think my phone is just can't handle such intensive shooting, it's not a professional equipment, after all. 

When I was conducting the videos, my friend and I really tried to make the story coherent. At least t was we tried. But lots of the video have these wired glitches: losing several frames at once, audio keeping skipping the pace. These glitches have made my editing process extremely hard. 

For example:
This clip here was supposed to be the one right after the introduction, where I show an overall view of the location. The audio was totally distorted with the wind sound. It sounded fine When I replayed it on the cell phone. Although there're no dropped frames, but the entries video looked wired. The video is shaky, unstable, which is really wired since I enabled the optical image stabilization. 



My biggest problem right now is the lack of transitioning video clips. The story line is broken and the clips are not coherent. Worse case scenario, I might have to go there again and re-shoot some footages. The problems is the there are too many variables I can't control, like the angle of the sunlight of the total amount of it. I have no idea about how to edit around those obvious ripped shots. I hope my meet with the MSCM facility will help me sort out some of the issues here.

During the seminar session, Audry suggested green screen. This is an appealing idea though I have no I idea how to deploy it. The worse it will make this fake enough. But since the story is supposed to be scared and two people walking across some abandoned building doesn't really address that. I am still in debating. 

The future plan is I will take a pause here and start building the website. I hope that I'll be able to finish the primary website by the end of spring break. 

没有评论:

发表评论